Thursday, May 28, 2015

Final Project Blog Post - PART I

 PART I
I Take Risks
For this project, I tried something that I had not only never done, but I have never seen. Using the wood burning tool was something that was unheard of and I thought it would make a cool piece. The burning color allowed me to shade the shadows of the subject to create reverse highlights. Although it cannot be seen in this photo, the burning tool also allowed me to add a unique texture and intriguing color difference throughout the shading. I believe that the was an extremely risky piece because there was no 'painting over' something I didn't like and although my teacher was able to give feedback, he mainly had to watch as I made art history!







I Create Original Art
For this piece, I took inspiration from a piece at the NC Art Museum. This was part of my artists inspired project and was very different for me as I had never tried abstract art. This piece showed my unique techniques because I decide to use only vertical brush strokes. My color scheme was mellow but also somewhat resembled the inspirational piece, just more solemn. I believe that it gives the viewer a confused, uneasy feeling which was the intention by the piece. All of my art before this piece was either realistic or I tried to make it beautiful. This piece was something that I had not tried in any art class prior to this one and made for a fun experience.



















No comments:

Post a Comment